Could we change our attitude, we should not only see life differently, but life itself would come to be different. ~ Katherine Mansfield

Friday, June 3, 2011

Chapter One...

So it begins – big changes for the Bryan-Combs clan. We are about to embark on the grand adventure of going from a two-income family to a one-income family at the same time that we prepare to morph from a one-child family into a comfy clan of four.

“Twice the kids on half the income?” you’re saying to yourself. “Why, that’s simply brilliant!”

We think so.

And we’ll document the journey here – notes on everything from our gardening adventures (yeah, it’s June and we haven’t planted yet), to maintaining an organic food lifestyle on a limited budget, to my own adventures on mothering Jude in ways I never have…like taking him grocery shopping.

Honestly, I couldn’t be more excited. Gabe and I make enough money to support a comfortable lifestyle but we never seem to have enough time to really enjoy it. Leaving my job, opening myself up to the unsecured world of freelance, and knowing I will be able to spend the summer with Jude…well, like the title says, we may be paring down, but things are starting to look up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation - we love to hear from you! Please keep it civil and own your words as anonymous comments won't be posted.